Thursday, December 24, 2015

"Bijuli Machine" - a Film of Novel Ideas

I was a movie buff a long long time ago, until I went to graduate school, got married, and had two kids. Okay okay, may be not that long ago :). I watch movies of any language if they have English or Nepali subtitles. But, in particular, Hollywood, selective Bollywood, and very minimal Kollywood i.e. Nepali movies.

Although I like classic Nepali movies like Basudev, I have not been a fan of modern Nepali movies until these days. Something is different these days. Although not all, some Nepali movies have come a long way. They are technically well done, they have original Nepali stories, and overall well made. In the recent past, I have shared on social media a few Nepali movies that I watched and liked. I also reviewed Jhola film on this blog sometime ago.

Recently, I have had an opportunity to get involved in making one of the movies -- Bijuli Machine. A friend of mine, Navin Awal, one of my very few friends from middle school who I am still in touch with, approached me with a unique story. A science fiction with little bit of drama, comedy, romance, and overall good entertainment. In addition, it also has a social message subtly embedded. It connected well with me. I got sold on the idea and I decided to produce a tiny part of it along with Navin and Rishav Acharya.

I and Navin on April 2014

So, the disclaimer: yes, I do have stake on it. However, I read the script well, helped a bit in research, and truly vouch for the novel ideas the film incorporates. So far the production is going well and teasers are looking great. Casting has been well done. I am really looking forward to seeing the whole thing. I am sure you will enjoy it too.

Actors Jeewan Adhikary and Abhishek Subedi in Bijuli Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment